Yes, you can play music!
Who qualifies as an Artist for Make Music Columbia? Everyone. We want all the citizens of our city to have fun and participate.
Music Makers of all ages, abilities and genres are encouraged to participate. Whether it’s your cousin who plays the tuba, your neighbor’s garage band, your school drum line, your church choir, or your favorite House DJ, anyone and everyone can join the music-making that is taking place around the world on June 21st.
Through June 17, Artists who wish to perform solo or with their pre-formed group can register to use special matchmaking software that allows Artists to find available Venues where they can perform.
So you want to be one of the many participating artists? Here’s how it works:
- Click the SIGN UP NOW button and register as an Artist for Make Music Columbia 2015.
- Please, please read and agree to the terms and conditions – these are important!
- Then, simply complete your profile using your Artist(s) name.
- You will be asked to provide: a website, Facebook and Twitter links, your availability, electrical needs, a short description (140 characters or less), genres (up to 3), contact information, and photo.
- Once you’ve completed your profile, click “Find a Match” at the top of the screen to search for available host Venues by specific neighborhood, time available, genre etc.
- When you find your perfect match, select “Request a Performance” to send a message to the Venue asking for their approval. Once that is done, a Make Music Chicago Admin will review and confirm the match!
If you’re having trouble finding a match, don’t worry!
We’re just getting started, so keep checking back in for more Venues and Artists to match with. And, we’ll be in touch to make sure it all gets arranged in time.
Already have a Venue?
There’s a “self-match” capability, so just click on the button in the lower left that asks “Already have a Venue lined up?” and you’re only a couple steps away from locking down your program.